Mobil SHC™ Gear 320 WT
MOBIL SHC GEAR 320 WT advanced wind turbine gear lubricant is designed to provide optimum equipment protection and oil life even under extreme conditions. It is especially formulated to resist micro pitting of modern, case hardened gearing and can operate in both high and low temperature environments.
Typical applications include:
- Wind turbines, especially highly loaded and shock loaded units, remotely located units and extreme temperature environments
- Auxiliary gearboxes in wind turbines, such as gear motors for pitch and yaw drives
- Superb protection from micro pitting fatigue wear as well as high resistance to traditional scuffing wear
- Excellent resistance to degradation at high temperatures
- Low traction PAO base stocks for improved gear efficiency
- High viscosity index equating to reduced viscosity change with temperature
- Excellent resistance to rust and corrosion and very good demulsibility
- No filter plugging, even in presence of water
- Excellent compatibility with common gearbox materials of construction and with mineral-based gear oils
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
- Helps extend gear and bearing life in enclosed gear drives operating under extreme conditions of load, speed and temperature
- Helps reduce unplanned downtime; less maintenance - especially critical for difficult to access gearboxes.
- Extended oil life and drain intervals help reduce oil consumption and manpower costs
- Helps reduce energy consumption and lower operating temperatures
- Ability to operate at both high and low temperatures: especially critical in remote applications with no oil cooling or heating
- Smooth, trouble-free operation at high temperatures or in applications subject to water contamination
- Excellent compatibility with soft metals
- Less filter changes and reduced maintenance costs
- Easy changeover from mineral products
MOBIL SHC GEAR 320 WT is the latest product in the Mobil range of synthetic lubricants and subject to the terms and conditions of ExxonMobil Fuels & Lubricants’ seven-year limited warranty for this product, the company will bear any costs required and adequate to repair and/or replace any equipment damaged as a result of a lubricant defect or malfunction.